So...You want to take the ACT or SAT? AWESOME! There will be many opportunities for you to do that each year. Below are some important links and information related to preparing for and/or taking the tests.
- Take a look at this year's test dates and be sure to register! The earlier you take it, the more time you have to study and retake it each year to raise your score.
ACT Test Prep Options
- FREE** ONLINE SHMOOP ACT PREP
Shmoop Student Sign up Instructions:
1. Visit www.shmoop.com/utah/
2. Find your high school from the alphabetized school picker
3. Click “Let’s Go”
4. Answer YES if you have ever created a Shmoop account for yourself, answer NO if you haven’t.
5. Enter Student Magic Word: ARCHES and create your username and password.
6. Welcome to the World O' LA Shmoop! Click on "My Profile" to navigate to "Test Prep Passes" and begin practicing for the ACT/PLAN test Prep
1. Test Prep Access Instructions 2. Set up a username and password. 3. Click on "Popular Links" 4. Click on "Test Prep- Learning Express Library." Then "Begin" 5. Click on right arrow until you get to college prep center. 6. Click on "college prep center." 7. Click on "prepare for your ACT." 8. You can find here an ACT Test Prep Tutorial and 4 practice tests for each of the main four ACT subtests.
- Higher Ground Learning Test Preparation- Test prep for ACT, SAT, and the PSAT. In addition to invaluable test-taking strategies and a comprehensive content review for each, Higher Ground prepares students for the mental part of each of the big three—helping to build confidence and to overcome anxiety.
- Reading Skills and Speed Reading Programs- Opportunity for students 9-11th grade to double their reading speed, make substantial gains in comprehension, and learn study skills. Excellent preparation for the SAT, ACT, and college.
Other ACT Practice Test Websites